Being With™: A Course for Parents of Kids with Big, Baffling Behaviors.
Course created by Robyn Gobbel / Taught by Angi Soulier, Parent Coach
Stop playing behavior whack-a-mole with your child’s most baffling behaviors by finally addressing the real problem! This 10-week course will teach you what behavior really is, and how to change it. Being With™: A Course for Parents of Kids with Big, Baffling Behaviors is based on the science of being relationally, socially, and behaviorally human. This course will make your child’s behavior make sense- even the ones that don’t. You’ll become equipped with interventions, tools, and techniques- that actually work! And in this no-shame, no blame approach to parenting, you’ll finally understand why knowing is only half the battle. The course is strategically designed so you don’t just learn a bunch of parenting tools and techniques. By the end, you’ll actually be able to do the powerful techniques you’ll learn.
This course will benefit all parents but is especially offered for parents of kids with vulnerable nervous systems and baffling behaviors. This includes children with a history of trauma and toxic stress (including foster care and adoption), as well as children who are neurodivergent, gifted, have sensory processing differences, or neuroimmune disorders. You might not know why your child has a vulnerable nervous system, and that’s OK. This course is for you, too.
Three Core Tenets.
To change children’s behaviors, we will look for ways to increase regulation, connection, and felt-safety.
Highlights of the Course.
Become the Expert in Your Child’s Behavior
Using the science of being relationally, socially, and behaviorally human, this section will demystify the most baffling behaviors. You’ll change how to see and interpret your child’s behavior. That change will become the most powerful tool in your parenting toolbox.
Now, Let’s “Fix” Those Behaviors
Why Knowing Isn’t Even Half the Battle
- 15 hours of live teaching and discussion
- A 97-page digital workbook
- A private Facebook community for participants to connect with current/past members and the course instructor, Angi Soulier
THIS COURSE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE…
- Ready to move past behavior intervention techniques
- Longing to find a way to see your child’s true self….even if they never show it to you
- Willing to do the hard work of looking inward to move onward
THIS COURSE MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST FIT IF YOU ARE…
- Looking for the right behavior intervention to change your child’s behaviors
- Most comfortable with consequence-based parenting interventions
- Not interested in considering and addressing the underlying cause of difficult behaviors
- Parenting a child with chronically dangerous behaviors (violence, aggression, substance abuse, sexually acting out, self-injury, etc.)
Dates: January 17 – March 20, 2024
Time: 10:00 – 11:30 AM
Location: 1323 Commercial St. Bellingham, WA 98225
Investment: $549 per parent
*Add a second adult from your family for only $389
**Payment plan available (ask for details)